Our Electric Motor Shop Machinist will be responsible for setting up and operating on a variety of machine tools to repair / machine components in a bustling Electric Motor shop in Hamilton. Minor fabrication required, ticketed Welder, to modify and work with electric motor and Industrial Brake technicians to complete work in our shop.
- Operate engine lathe and related equipment.
- Operate Vertical Milling machine.
- Use general machine shop measuring devices.
- Minor Fabrication
- Acetylene Torches
- Able to perform general welding in both Stick and Mig. Ticketed Welders will be given priority.
- Able to dismantle and assess the mechanical condition of the motor visually as well as using mechanical measuring devices such as Vernier’s, micrometres, feeler gauges, etc.
- Compose tasks in an orderly, professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Complete all documentation in a clear, neat and concise manner.
- Interact with fellow coworkers to ensure all service standards are met or exceeded.
- Adhere to company policies & procedures.
- Able to work with or without supervisors and able to make decisions on their own.
- Safety boots are required.
- Applicants should have their own basic hand tools.
- Minimum grade 12 education (or equivalent) preferred, with good communication skills in English and strong mathematics & writing skills.
- Mechanically inclined with a good understanding of industrial process & application.
- Must be able to work & interact with others in a fair and friendly manner.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clear record.
- Safety training certificates are an asset.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate.
START DATE: Immediate
Fill out the form to apply